Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an African recipe from an international cookbook from an organization called, Professional Home Economics Teachers in California. This sounds delicious over rice or couscous.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons sliced red onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup sliced beef
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 2 1⁄2 cups green peppers, chopped
- In a 2 quart casserole, heat oil and saute onion until tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add 1/3 c water and bring to boil.
- Add beef and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add butter, ginger, salt, green pepper and remaining water.
- Cook until beef is well done, approximately 20 minutes.