Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
My friend Alison doesn't think she can cook, but she had me over one night for dinner and fixed this wonderful meal, thus proving herself very wrong. It's very hearty and the flavours get even better the next day. Since I'm allergic to shrimp she left it out for me, and I don't make the dish with shrimp either, but this is the recipe as she gave it to me in it's entirety. Goes very well with a loaf of crusty bread.
- 453.59 g andouille sausage, cut into rounds
- 1020.58 g skinless chicken thighs (6 large)
- 709.77 ml onions, chopped
- 551.25 ml green bell peppers, chopped
- 295.73 ml red bell peppers, chopped
- 6 clove garlic, chopped
- 44.37 ml oregano, fresh,chopped
- 29.58 ml thyme, fresh,chopped
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes with juice
- 411.06 g can chicken broth
- 236.59 ml white wine
- 177.44 ml pimento stuffed olive, sliced
- 453.59 g large shrimp, uncooked,peeled
- salt and pepper
- Sauté sausage in large pot until brown, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from pot and transfer to large bowl.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, transfer to pot and cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to bowl with sausage.
- Pour off all drippings except 1 TBSP and add onions and peppers to pot; sauté until tender and light brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, spices and paprika to pot and sauté about 2 minutes.
- Return sausage, chicken and juices to pot, add tomatoes, broth and wine.
- Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked thru, about 25 minutes.
- Uncover pot, add olives and simmer until chicken is very tender and liquid is reduced to thin sauce consistency, about 40 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook approximately 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.