1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
My friend Alison doesn't think she can cook, but she had me over one night for dinner and fixed this wonderful meal, thus proving herself very wrong. It's very hearty and the flavours get even better the next day. Since I'm allergic to shrimp she left it out for me, and I don't make the dish with shrimp either, but this is the recipe as she gave it to me in it's entirety. Goes very well with a loaf of crusty bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb andouille sausage, cut into rounds
- 2 1/4 lbs skinless chicken thighs (6 large)
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 2 1/3 cups green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups red bell peppers, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons oregano, fresh,chopped
- 2 tablespoons thyme, fresh,chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup pimento stuffed olive, sliced
- 1 lb large shrimp, uncooked,peeled
- salt and pepper
- 1Sauté sausage in large pot until brown, about 4 minutes.
- 2Remove from pot and transfer to large bowl.
- 3Season chicken with salt and pepper, transfer to pot and cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- 4Transfer chicken to bowl with sausage.
- 5Pour off all drippings except 1 TBSP and add onions and peppers to pot; sauté until tender and light brown, about 10 minutes.
- 6Add garlic, spices and paprika to pot and sauté about 2 minutes.
- 7Return sausage, chicken and juices to pot, add tomatoes, broth and wine.
- 8Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked thru, about 25 minutes.
- 9Uncover pot, add olives and simmer until chicken is very tender and liquid is reduced to thin sauce consistency, about 40 minutes.
- 10Add shrimp and cook approximately 5 minutes.
- 11Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alison's Stew With Chicken, Sausage and Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (740 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 645.5
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 279.8 mg
- Sodium 1912.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 62.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives