Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got theis recipe from Allrecipes website. I don't know who Alison is,she be Irish. Anyway My husband loves potatos and cabbage with corn beef. Today I'm making this for the first time. I hope it turns out good.
- 5 lbs potatoes, scrubbed and cubed with skin
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 large head cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 bunch green onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot,and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook for about 10 mins,until potatoes are soft enough to mash. Drain. Transfer to a large serving bowl,and mash potatoes with with 1/4 cup of butter and all of the sour cream until well blended.
- Melt remaining butter in a large pot.Add garlic and green onions,and cook. stirring until softened. Add the cabbage,cover the pan,and let the cabbage steam for about 10 mins stirring occasionally. Stir the cabbage mixture into the mashed potatoe,and season liberally with salt and pepper . serve Hot.
I found this recipe on Allrecipes also the other day and made it last night for St. Patty's Day. Everyone loved it- even my husband who thinks he doesn't like cabbage. I cut the recipe in half to serve 4 of us and some leftover that I froze. I used a 10 oz. bag of shredded cabbage and that worked well. I'm going to make the full recipe and package it up in smaller servings for the freezer.