Recipe by darthlaurie
Decadent Brownies made by my co-worker, Alisa. Every bite is better than the last. Very cake-like and delicious!
Top Review by mianbao
Very tasty. I used unsalted butter instead of margarine, and added a slightly rounded 1/4 teaspoon salt to the brownie batter, and about 1/8 teaspoon salt to the icing. I also scaled the recipe to 75%, and baked it in a parchment lined 11 by 8 1/4 by 1 1/2-inch pan. It seemed to fit nicely. It took 22 minutes to bake them, but I may have over-baked by 1 or 2 minutes. The ends were firmer than ideal, though far from ruined. These brownies were extremely easy to make. I think it also might be possible to substitute vegetable oil for half of the butter (if using butter.) Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups approx. powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together brownie ingredients.
- Pour in greased and floured 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
- Cool and frost.
- Combine frosting ingredients. Feel free to decrease margarine to 3/4 of the stick. Add more powdered sugar if needed to make desired spreadable consistency.