Recipe by Jen T
This recipe is from my dear sister in law and is a quick way to make 2 cakes at once using 2 ring tins or if preferred can be baked in 1 larger tin for longer.
Top Review by barrkat
Very quick light texture cake! For beginners- say mix dry ingreds. in 1 bowl & mix liquids in another bowl. then add liquids to dry. I also added vanilla to the recipe & baked in a 9"x13"x2" glass baking dish, melted dark chocolate mini bars on top & glazed thinly. very good refridged too turned into family Loves it!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (heaped)
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas (mashed)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 5 ounces butter (melted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put first 5 ingredients in large bowl of mixer.
- Stir baking soda into milk and then pour into ingredients already in bowl.
- Lastly add the melted butter to the bowl.
- Beat altogether on high speed until just mixed.
- Spoon into 2 greased & floured ring tins or 1 larger tin.
- Bake at 350'F for approx 30 minutes or until top springs back when pressed lightly and the cake is starting to shrink from sides of tin.
- Ice/frost with either your favourite chocolate or lemon icing/frosting.