Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Alinos is a sort of sofrito or hagao, but without cilantro or tomatoes. At least this version has no cilantro or tomatoes in it. It is very easy to make in a food processor or blender. It keeps for one week in the refrigerator (as long as you remember to use a clean spoon each time you dip in). You will find many uses for this seasoning paste. It can be used to season masa, rice, stews, or soups. This flavor combination complements many different cooking styles and tastes. For longer storage, try spooning it into ice cube trays to freeze. Once frozen, just pop them out and store in a plastic freezer bag.
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sazon goya (with azafran)
- 1⁄2 cup water (more if needed)
- Place all the ingredients into a food process or blender and process to form a paste (it will not be a smooth paste because it is not cooked).
- Store, refrigerated, for up to a week; freeze for longer storage.