Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 250 g ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 eggplants
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 8 green peppers
- 1⁄2 lemon juice
- 1⁄2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 400 g yogurt
- 5 cloves of chopped garlic
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons red hot peppers
- Broil the eggplants and 6 of the green peppers in the oven until they are really soft.
- After cooling down, peel the outer layers, rinse the eggplants in water and lemon juice.
- Take off the excess water after the rinse, mince both the eggplants and the peppers, then mash them together.
- Add salt and 2 tablespoons of olive oil, stir well.
- Take off excess water from yogurt (make it'condensed'), add garlic, and mix it with eggplant-pepper paste.
- Add some red pepper.
- Chop the onion, and 2 green pappers, saute them in a deep pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the ground beef, and stir until cooked.
- Add peeled and diced tomatoes, salt and black pepper, cook for 5 more minutes.
- In the service plate, put the ground beef mixture over the eggplant-pepper-yogurt paste.
- Decorate with chopped parsley.
- Serve with rice pilaf.