Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made this recipe up from scratch for my mother who is wheat and dairy sensitive. Chocolate, almonds, pecans and cranberries... all that and low fat too! (We buy no name brand semi-sweet chocolate chips - they don't contain milk products) Hope you enjoy! :)
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup almond butter
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup prune puree
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 egg
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon stevia
- 3⁄4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup ground pecans
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the applesauce, prune puree, orange juice, eggs, brown sugar, almond butter, stevia, almond extract and vanilla
- Combine oat bran, brown rice flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and flax meal (or ground flax seeds) - sift together and slowly add to wet mixture.
- Mix should be quite soft but not runny. If it is too firm, add a little water. If too runny, add more oats and/or flax meal.
- Add in the chocolate chips, dried cranberries (dried cherries are even better but much more expensive) and pecans.
- drop onto a standard sized baking sheet (about 12 cookies per sheet) and bake for approximately 8 minutes.