Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Aliciasrecipes.com. 2 points per serving, serves 6, so simply put, 12 points IF ou could eat the entire pot of most delicious soup. I love potatos and this hits the spot.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut up
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Heat 1 1/2 cups water to boiling in 3-quart saucepan. Add potatoes and celery. Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain liquid into blender.
- Remove 3 cups cooked vegetables from saucepan; place in blender with liquid. Add 1/4 cup water. Cover and blend about 1 minute until smooth.Stir pureed vegetables back into saucepan.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until hot.
Pretty much followed this recipe right on down, but since you didn't indicate what to do with the slices green onions (sprinkle them on top before serving, I suspect) & that's what I did! Makes for a very tasty soup, which 2 of us enjoyed, & next time I'd like to include is as part of a vegetarian supper when my son & his wife are over! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current round of Pick A Chef] If you'd like to check out PAC, here's a link = http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498