Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I had some ripe avocados I needed to use up and thought I'd make a guacamole. However I couldn't find a recipe on zaar that worked for us. They either had things I just didn't have on hand, or were made with things like sour cream or mayo which are both foods we can no longer enjoy since finding out my son is allergic to both dairy and eggs. So I whipped this up with things I had on hand and we enjoyed it very much. Cook time is chill time.
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon key lime juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup pico de gallo
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon vegan mayonnaise (optional)
- Mash avocados in a small bowl with fork.
- Mix in other ingredients.
- Cover and allow to chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- NOTE: The vegan mayonnaise adds just a bit of tangy flavor as well as a creamy factor, but can be left out or subbed for mayo if you prefer. Also feel free to add more if you like, I only added a small amount so my husband wouldn't complain.
PAC2009: I like the coriander in this recipe - it gives it a little something special!!
We made Pico de Gallo from scratch for this just because one of us didn't want onions in it; we added chopped onions to individual servings. We ate it with chips before dinner and then dumped it on Cheese Enchiladas in Yummy Red Sauce for a delicious flavor blend. We've tried a lot of guacamole recipes and enjoyed this one a lot.