Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe from "Vegan Comfort Food" by Alicia Simpson. I made it yesterday and was more then impressed! It sets up beautifully and no one would ever know it was Vegan. This really is terrific comfort food. Prep time is including bake time for potatoes if you make your own puree.
- 9 inches pie crusts
- 2 cups pureed sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firm silken tofu (in the box, not water packed!)
- 1 1⁄4 cups plain or vanilla soymilk (recipe calls for plain but I used light vanilla)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- For tested results I suggest fresh sweet potato puree. I used 2 med/large sweet potatoes. Peeled and cut into wedges. Covered with foil and roasted 375 until tender (about 40-50 minutes) Alicia suggests baking them whole and scooping out the pulp. This is less watery then the canned stuff.
- Put all the ingredients into a blender, and blend on highest speed until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Pour into pie crust, and bake at 375 for 55-60 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for an hour, then refrigerate at least another hour before serving. Serve chilled.