Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I haven't tried this one yet. This is a curry like meal.
Make and share this Alicha recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 2 lbs beef or 2 lbs lamb or 2 lbs goat meat, with bone, cut in 3 inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 fresh hot green chili pepper, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon gingerroot, crushed fresh
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard seeds, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- In dry pan over medium heat, stir fry onions for 2 minutes
- Add the oil and stir fry 1 minute longer. Add the meat and brown 5 mins, stirring frequently. Add all of the spices and seasonings at one time and stir well.
- Add the water and bring to a boil. Cover the pan and cook over moderate heat for about 45 mins, or until the meat is tender.
- Should the curry dry out too quickly, add another 1/2c water.
- At the end of the 45 mins, there should be very little sauce.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.