Recipe by sherryinmo
Your neighbor just brought you a sack of zucchini and you need help with how to cook them into something good your family will enjoy. You won't be sorry with this easy to put together casserole. This is just one of my many zucchini recipes. This is from Aunt Alice in Oklahoma in the 1970's.
Top Review by Gadgetsmidnight
I really liked this zucchini dish. Followed the directions exactly. I thought it might be a bother doing both stove stop cooking and baking, but it wasn't that much extra work. Both my husband and I thought it could use more seasoning. I think next time I will either double or triple the garlic. (I really love garlic) and use season salt in place of the regular salt. Maybe a little pepper. The recipe is a keeper. Thanks sherryinmo.
- 4 cups zucchini, diced or 3 medium zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded or 2 ounces cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute zucchini, onion, and garlic in meltedbutter in a large skillet 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Sprnkle flour and salt over sauteed vegetables, tossing gently to combine.
- Stir in evaporated milk, sour cream and cheese.
- Spoon zucchini mixture into a 1-quart casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until cheese melts and mixture is hot and bubbly.
- Serve immediately.