Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful salsa recipe - a specialty of an old friend. I just learned of her passing and remembered she had given me this recipe many years ago. I still have it in her own handwriting, and thought it would be nice to post here for others to enjoy.
- 6 medium sized tomatoes, diced
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped (use all parts)
- 1 (32 ounce) can tomato juice
- 2 bunches fresh cilantro (cleaned and chopped, no stems)
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced jalapenos
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Season to taste.
- Refrigerate. (it may get watery on top, just needs to be re-mixed).