Since pumpkin is the "Ingredient of the Month", I thought I would contribute a few pumpkin recipes. If you like risotto, and are looking for something a bit different, you should give this one a try. I think the nutmeg and gorgonzola cheese are an interesting combination with the pumpkin. The risotto can be served as a side dish or main course.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml arborio rice
- 709.77 ml water
- 177.44 ml cooked and pureed sugar pumpkin (canned is ok, sugar pumpkins are the small, round ones, usually used for pies.)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1.23-2.46 ml nutmeg (or to taste)
- 78.07-118.29 ml gorgonzola (or to taste)
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Dissolve boullion cube in the water.
- 2Sauté the onion and chopped garlic in vegetable oil in a wide-bottomed pan.
- 3Add the rice.
- 4Add the water/bouillon mixture.
- 5Add the pureed pumpkin.
- 6Stir the pumpkin into the rice.
- 7Cook for about 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 8Add Gorgonzola cheese at the last minute and stir.
- 9Serve with grated Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alice's Pumpkin Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.5
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 347.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 6.1 g