Recipe by Mareesme
This delicious cake has been made for years by my best-friend, Alice. This no-frost cake is easy, moist and always wins raves. It is great for a breakfast, lunch or dinner treat. 8/8/09 Note: I goofed on cinnamon measurement! It should be 1 1/2 tablespoon, so I am changing the original recipe. Sorry about that!
Top Review by papergoddess
This cake was great! I loved it, it was easy, came out of the pan beautifully. I added 1/2 tsp. of almond extract, but otherwise followed your recipe with the exception of the amount of cinnamon. It has to be a misprint. I used about 1 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon and it was plenty. That's the reason why I'm not giving it 5 stars. After it cooled, I dusted the top with powdered sugar. It was pretty and we all loved it.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/4 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Make cake batter by beating together cake mix, pudding, eggs, sour cream and oil.
- In ungreased bundt cake pan, pour in 1/3 of the batter, then layer 1/2 of the nut mixture, another 1/3 batter,remaining nut mixture,then rest of batter.
- After cake is assembled, place in oven, turn on oven to 350 dg. (do not preheat oven!) and bake for 50-60 minutes until cake is done and knife inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!