Recipe by julie~c
This recipe is handed down from my mother-in-law. It is my favorite Christmas candy.
Top Review by hedi777
Hi, I don not know what went wrong, maybe it was my mistake, but the micture became little bit lumpy, like grains of sand, dark brown and smelled like it was burned. And really sticky, more like bases of caramel!!! Did not work!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cream
- 2 teaspoons light Karo syrup or 2 teaspoons lily white syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cold water
- dipping chocolate
- finely chopped peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In heavy saucepan mix and boil sugar, cream, and light syrup.
- Meanwhile brown 1/2 cup sugar in saucepan. As it reaches a golden brown, add in cold water and immediately pour into sugar/cream mixture as it boils.
- Bring to soft ball stage.
- Pour out into buttered pan to cool.
- Beat with wooden paddles until mixture is light and airy. Put in a container, cover with plastic wrap and cool.
- When cool, form in small balls. Dip in chocolate and roll in chopped peanuts. Store in refrigerator.