1 hr 25 mins
Chef SuzyQ's Note:
One of my dearest friends had a mother who was "famous" in our town for her fabulous cooking and baking. She was a wonderful lady who never served a bad meal; everything that came out of her kitchen was something to rave about. This recipe was one of hers and for years now I've served it at every holiday brunch. This goes together quickly and can be made a day ahead (just be sure to add additional cooking time if it's refrigerated). Often I'll add fresh tomatoes and cilantro for a little extra flavor and color.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease a 9x13 pan.
- 3Spread bread cubes across bottom of pan.
- 4Layer 1 cup of the cheese over bread.
- 5Layer sausage.
- 6Top sausage with remaining cheese.
- 7In blender or mixer, blend together remaining ingredients and pour over the cheese, bread, and sausage layers.
- 8If desired, sprinkle with chopped, drained tomatoes and chopped cilantro.
- 9Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or cover and refrigerate overnight.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alice's Holiday Breakfast Egg Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 644.1
- Calories from Fat 444
- Total Fat 49.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 314.3 mg
- Sodium 1124.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 29.8 g