Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a recipe that comes from Apohaqui, NB, Canada - So very good, you will love it -
- 1 cup shortening or 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour, plus 1/4 cup extra if needed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix shortening, butter or margarine and sugar,. Add vanilla and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt. Combine flour mixture with butter mixture. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes or until cookies turn a light brown,.
These cookies are AMAZING!!! My whole family enjoyed these! Even my brothers who don't like nuts in their cookies thought these were great! And when they cooled they were nice and chewy, just the way we like them!! I added almonds as those are my favourite, and I loved them! I also cooked them in a convection bake oven for 7 minutes.