Recipe by Allyoop
A non baked version of cheese cake that my mother used to make
Top Review by Helena G.
I have been looking for a recipe similar to this. The only changes are to the directions. I remember making the egg yolk and milk and sugar and cooking that till it resembled custard. So 15 minutes with a double boiler may be too long. Also I remember there was soaking the gelatin with 1/2 cup of pineapple juice rather than the water. And beating both the egg whites and the whipping cream then combining them by folding both into the egg yolks, cream cheese and gelatin which had already been whipped together. I remember this being a very airy and fluffy texture and if you wanted fruit you put that on top when serving. This recipe calls for a spring form pan but it can also be made in a 12 x 8 layer pan. Best results were always make the day ahead so the flavors meld. Thank you for sharing this recipe after long last I can make the cheesecake that I remember so fondly from the holidays.
- 28 graham crackers
- 5 tablespoons unsulted butter, melted
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 packages knox gelatin
- 2 egg whites
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla
- 1 cup white sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 pint whipped cream
- 1⁄2 cup of cold water
- maraschino cherry (any amt)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix graham cracker crumbs with butter.
- Press into a spring form pan.
- Mix egg yolks with milk.
- Slowly add sugar.
- Cook in a double boiler for 15 minutes.
- Mix gelatin with water, let stand until dissolved.
- Add to hot mixture and cool.
- Cream cheese until smooth.
- Add egg mixture to the creamed cheese.
- Stiffly beat egg whites.
- Fold into mixture.
- Add whipped cream and vanilla.
- Add drained pineapple and cherries.
- Pour into spring form pan.
- Chill for 4 hours.
- Sprinkle graham cracker mixture on top.