Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a clone of the "Alice Springs Chicken" served at the Outback Steakhouse. It is one of my favorites.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 slices marbled cheddar and swiss cheese
- 1 cup mushroom
- 4 slices bacon
- honey mustard dressing, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- On each piece of chicken, carefully layer the mushrooms first and then the bacon (position the bacon on the mushrooms so that it holds the mushrooms in place).
- Cover and bake for 30-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven; add cheese and bake for 15 minutes uncovered.
- Serve with a side of honey mustard salad dressing for a real treat!
we have made this several times now, and I keep forgetting to review it!!! We love it!!! It is easy to make, and the flavor is outstanding. We prefer to use skin on chicken pieces. This recipe is a "keeper"!!!
This tastes almost exactly like the Outbacks! It is very easy to prepare. I leave the mushrooms off and cook the bacon in the microwave so it gets crispy just like my family likes. I always make the copycat outback honey mustard to go with it. Thanks for posting.
WHOA!!! I was printing out this recipe to give it a try and the nutritional information came along with it. IS IT REALLY 1500 calories and 100 grams of fat???? If so, I'm sure it tastes delicious but it would be the only thing I'd be able to eat all day - as it alone will nearly equal a daily calorie intake limit.