Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a clone of the "Alice Springs Chicken" served at the Outback Steakhouse. It is one of my favorites.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 slices marbled cheddar and swiss cheese
- 1 cup mushroom
- 4 slices bacon
- honey mustard dressing, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- On each piece of chicken, carefully layer the mushrooms first and then the bacon (position the bacon on the mushrooms so that it holds the mushrooms in place).
- Cover and bake for 30-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven; add cheese and bake for 15 minutes uncovered.
- Serve with a side of honey mustard salad dressing for a real treat!
we have made this several times now, and I keep forgetting to review it!!! We love it!!! It is easy to make, and the flavor is outstanding. We prefer to use skin on chicken pieces. This recipe is a "keeper"!!!
This tastes almost exactly like the Outbacks! It is very easy to prepare. I leave the mushrooms off and cook the bacon in the microwave so it gets crispy just like my family likes. I always make the copycat outback honey mustard to go with it. Thanks for posting.