Recipe by Oolala
Posted in a community cookbook by her daughter, Emilie Kaye. It sounds like something my Grandma made only she didn't use coconut or raisins. My Grandma used raspberry jam. She called it a jelly roll (I think).
- 1⁄2 lb margarine
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup coconut, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) jar apricot jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine srtudel ingredients and roll into 6 balls.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Roll out the balls thin, then spread with jam.
- Follow with the rest of the filling ingredients.
- When finished, roll up dough.
- Brush with melted butter, if you like.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until brown.
- Cut when cool.