Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
I don't know who Alice is, but she makes a darn good chicken! :) This is a delicious recipe, and versatile - experiment with using your favorite dressings.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 16 ounces honey mustard dressing or 16 ounces caesar salad dressing or 16 ounces other favorite salad dressing
- Place chicken in a glass dish or bowl.
- Poke each breast with a fork several times.
- Pour Worcestershire sauce over and turn to coat them well.
- Cover dish or bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain, and set aside.
- Remove most of the fat from the skillet, but do not wipe it clean.
- In same skillet used to cook bacon, melt the butter.
- Add mushrooms and green onions, and saute for about 10 minutes, or until soft.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard any remaining liquid.
- Broil chicken breasts for about 5 minutes each side.
- When the cooking of the chicken is almost complete, top each breast with 2 slices bacon and grated cheese.
- Continue to broil until cheese has melted and remove from oven.
- Serve with mushroom mixture and a variety of salad dressings for topping.
Very good. I left out the green onions and my hubby loved it. Thanks for sharing.
I love this recipe! I added a little vinegar and olive oil to the worcestershire and let the chicken marinate for about three hours. I grilled my chicken on the Foremen grill and added the bacon and cheese and quickly broiled until the cheese was melted. My guests raved to the point of embarassment about this chicken!
Pretty yummy-I left out the green onions and actually added some honey mustard before I put the bacon and cheese on. VERY YUMMY-Thank you!