- 200 g chicken
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 head garlic
- 8 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small spanish dried sweet peppers (nora) or 1 teaspoon of spanish paprika
- 200 g red bell peppers
- 200 g shrimp or 200 g shelled lobsters
- 200 g white fish fillets
- 200 g tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups rice (arborio, calatrava or another short grain rice)
- 1 pinch saffron thread
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the chicken and the garlic to boil for 10 minute.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a paellera or a large and shallow frying pan and fry the nora (if your using paprka skip this and the next step).
- Crush the nora and the saffron with a pintch of salt in a mortar.
- Fry the shrimp or lobster and the bell pepper until crispy and remove it to a plate.
- Peel the garlick and fry it with the chicke until light golden.
- Add the tomato and fry it until it is dry and starting to stick to the pan.
- Add the rice and fry it for 3 minute.
- Add the chicken stock and the nora or the paprika (use some of the chicken stock to wash the mortar).
- Arrange the bell pepper and the srimp or lobster on top of the rice and let it cook until almost dry (about 15 min).