1/1 Photo of Alicante Rice
It's a variation on a recipe found on a package of noras from Carmencita.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g chicken
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 head garlic
- 8 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small spanish dried sweet peppers (nora) or 1 teaspoon of spanish paprika
- 200 g red bell peppers
- 200 g shrimp or 200 g shelled lobsters
- 200 g white fish fillets
- 200 g tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups rice (arborio, calatrava or another short grain rice)
- 1 pinch saffron thread
- 1Put the chicken and the garlic to boil for 10 minute.
- 2Meanwhile heat the oil in a paellera or a large and shallow frying pan and fry the nora (if your using paprka skip this and the next step).
- 3Crush the nora and the saffron with a pintch of salt in a mortar.
- 4Fry the shrimp or lobster and the bell pepper until crispy and remove it to a plate.
- 5Peel the garlick and fry it with the chicke until light golden.
- 6Add the tomato and fry it until it is dry and starting to stick to the pan.
- 7Add the rice and fry it for 3 minute.
- 8Add the chicken stock and the nora or the paprika (use some of the chicken stock to wash the mortar).
- 9Arrange the bell pepper and the srimp or lobster on top of the rice and let it cook until almost dry (about 15 min).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alicante Rice
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 676.9
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 168.5 mg
- Sodium 195.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 37.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried sweet peppers