Prep 12 mins
Cook 35 mins
Serve with falafel or kebabs in pita or other favorite Middle Eastern foods.
- 4 medium potatoes, sliced into strips
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground fenugreek
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a large baking pan.
- Mix the spices, oil and lemon juice together in a small bowl.
- Toss the potatoes with this mixture (a large plastic bag works well) until evenly coated.
- Spread the potatoes onto the baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until nicely browned and crispy, turning once halfway during cooking.
Another fabulous recipe, Sue! These went together so quickly! About 10 minutes to peel and slice the potatoes. I did add extra cayenne and cumin (personal preference). The hint of cinnamon really gave the fries great flavor! I didn't turn them in the oven (too lazy ;)), and it didn't seem to make too much of a difference. Thanks for an easy, delicious side, Sue! I love your recipes!
Delicious and different. We like really spicy food, so next time I will double the cayenne..or maybe even double the amounts of spices to the potatoes. I cut the potato's into french fries and baked as suggested. They smelled heavenly when baking. Thanks for a easy, delicious dish.
These were great! I also doubled the spices/oil mix since when I threw everything together in the plastic bag it hardly seemed like enough to completely coat the potatoes. I also sliced the potatoes into fries, and served them alongside chickpea shwarma sandwiches.