Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
this recipe comes from the "Christmas carol cookbook" hope you like it
Make and share this Ali Baba's Anchovy Sticks recipe from Food.com.
- line a baking sheet with waxed paper or parchment.
- on a lightly floured surface,roll 8 ounces puff pastry into a rectangle 12 by 9 inches.
- place the puff pastry on baking sheet.
- in a small bowl,mix egg yolk with 2 tablespoons water.whisk with a fork to blend brush the mixture onto the pastry lightly.
- evenly place the fillets over the surface of the pastry about 3/4 inches apart.
- on a lightly floured surface roll 8 ounces of the remaining pastry on top of the anchovy fillets via a rectangle about the same size as the previous one & press gently around the edges to seal the pastry.
- brush the surface with the egg mixture.
- with a sharp knife cut pastry into 12 pieces across and then in half.
- there should be 24 strips measuring1 by 41/2 inches.
- place baking sheets with the anchovy sticks in freezer for about 10 minutes.
- meanwhile preheat oven to 400 degrees ferenhight.
- after anchovy sticks have chilled,bake them for about 20 minutes or until golden & crisp.