Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Clover Club Bar in Brooklyn, NY.
- 4 lemons, rind of, peel (from 4 lemons, use vegetable to peel strips)
- 1⁄3 cup superfine sugar
- 2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 3 cups sloe gin
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark Jamaican rum
- 6 cups ice cubes
- ice, 1 block
- 2 cups chilled Brut champagne
- lemon slice
- Place lemon peel strips in large bowl. Add sugar and mash with wooden spoon to infuse sugar with lemon. Add 1 1/4 cups raspberries and mash to blend.
- Pour in sloe gin, lemon juice, and rum. Add ice cubes; stir to blend. Refrigerate punch 20 minutes.
- Place ice block in punch bowl. Strain punch over ice block. Add champagne; stir to blend. Garnish with lemon slices and remaining raspberries.
One of my favorite punch recipes! Perfect when raspberries are in season.