Recipe by Sage
A wonderful salad loaded with flavor.
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
Wonderful salad. I made half a batch. Chopped the onions and diced the cucumbers as I thought that would be more compatible with the finely chopped red peppers. Next time I'll double the anchovies and basil, but that's a purely personnel preference. This is a really delicious way to get your hit of veggies and fibre. I'll make it often.
- 2 sweet red peppers, chopped fine
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sliced cucumber
- 2 small onions, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, pitted and halved
- 6 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- salt and pepper