Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful salad loaded with flavor.
Make and share this Algerian Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 sweet red peppers, chopped fine
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sliced cucumber
- 2 small onions, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, pitted and halved
- 6 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients into a large salad bowl and toss gently.
- May be served with pita bread.
Wonderful salad. I made half a batch. Chopped the onions and diced the cucumbers as I thought that would be more compatible with the finely chopped red peppers. Next time I'll double the anchovies and basil, but that's a purely personnel preference. This is a really delicious way to get your hit of veggies and fibre. I'll make it often.
GREAT! I made this with whole grape tomatoes, sliced kalamata olives and red onion and all else the same. I'm not quite sure I liked the basil in it with the anchovies and eggs but otherwise it was very good and a meal in one for me. Freddy Cat says thanks for the eggs and anchovies! Made for the ZWT4.