Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A great salad that's good for barbecues or picnics.
Make and share this Algerian Rice Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Mix together all vinaigrette ingredients with wire whisk.
- Add pepper, pimento and onion to chilled rice. Mix well.
- Pour Vinaigrette over rice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in 8 or 9-inch pan. Press firmly. Chill.
- Invert on serving plate. Decorate with hard-cooked eggs, mushrooms or olives.
Very differant but nice recipe; fresh flavors that blend well. Would be so easy to take along for a picnic and I can see a lot of additions for this, maybe some hot peppers, mushrooms to the mix, unlimited depending on your taste. Made for Africa tour in ZWT 2011
I really enjoyed this on a hot, hot day!Made for the Sands and Spice North African Challenge on ZWT#6!