Recipe by Charmie777
A great salad that's good for barbecues or picnics.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Very differant but nice recipe; fresh flavors that blend well. Would be so easy to take along for a picnic and I can see a lot of additions for this, maybe some hot peppers, mushrooms to the mix, unlimited depending on your taste. Made for Africa tour in ZWT 2011
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1 1⁄2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 cups rice, cook and chilled
- salt and pepper
- hard-boiled egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all vinaigrette ingredients with wire whisk.
- Add pepper, pimento and onion to chilled rice. Mix well.
- Pour Vinaigrette over rice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in 8 or 9-inch pan. Press firmly. Chill.
- Invert on serving plate. Decorate with hard-cooked eggs, mushrooms or olives.