Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Garlic and spices. If you wanted to use canned beans, heat them up and pour sauce on them so it will not take long to make, or frozen green beans will get you closer to fresh tasting.
- 1 lb green beans, clean and trim
- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove, ground
- 1 tablespoon almonds, slivered
- Simmer beans in water until just tender, about 30 minutes. drain in arab countries i have read that they like their beans well done , cook them to your taste
- Place, oil, garlic, cumin, paprika, and cloves in a saucepan.
- Cook for a couple of minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add almonds to coat.
- Pour oil mixture over green beans.
- Toss gently until beans are coated.
We didn't enjoy these much. I used frozen green beans like the intro says, cooking them as the bag says. The second step shouldn't say water should it? I used a bit of extra garlic, canola oil, sweet paprika, the ground clove, and I toasted my almond slivers in a dry pan which made this recipe better. I mixed them into the beans. Made for Welcome to Algeria!
Delicious! I made these using fresh long green beans from the farmers market. I used 3 cloves of garlic. We loved the fragrant spices in this dish. Made for Zaar Hits 1-2-3 Tag Game 2011.
These beans are nicely spiced and have a wonderful fragrance when they are being tossed together. Made using Frozen French cut beans suggested in the header and toasted the slivered almonds. A side we will enjoy again. Thanks for the post.