Recipe by *Parsley*
Fresh green beans MUST be used for this recipe. Frozen or canned will not work.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
This dish is very different from any green bean recipe I have tried before. I made as directed except that I left out the cloves -- I just did not think it went with the other spices. The almonds were a nice addition to this dish. Made for the African Virtual Tour, March, 2012.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 4 cups water, salted with 1 tsp salt (for cooking the beans)
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crused
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, toasting is optional, but adds more flavor
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer green beans in lightly salted water until just frok tender (or too your desired doneness).
- Drain the beans and place them in a large bowl; cover to keep warm.
- Put all remaining ingredients, EXCEPT THE ALMONDS, in a saucepan over medium heat and cook for two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in the almonds.
- Pour the saucepan mixture over the cooked drained green beans and toss gently until beans are thoroughly coated.