Recipe by Oolala
From theelegantchef.com, the food of North Africa. My son did a report on Algeria for school and told me that he read about a fish stew. I looked it up on-line found this soup (not stew) which sounds great.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large Spanish onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 (10 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch of crushed saffron
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 large potatoes
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 lbs white fish fillets, firm texture
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan and sauté onion until translucent.
- Add garlic and tomatoes and continue to simmer until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add spices, potatoes and broth. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add fish and continue to cook until the fish flakes.