Recipe by Jostlori
I haven't made this, but the ingredients sound fantastic. Serve with warm, crusty bread. Prep time does not include salting time of 30 minutes.
- 2 eggplants, about 13 oz each
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut eggplant into 1/2 inch slices, sprinkle liberally with salt and let drain in a colander for 30 minutes.
- Rinse well, squeeze gently and pat dry.
- Heat about 1/4 inch of oil in a large frying pan and fry the slices in batches over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels, then chop finely. Put in a colander until most of the oil has drained off, then transfer to a bowl and add the paprika, cumin and sugar.
- Wipe out the frying pan then add the eggplant mixture and stir constantly over medium heat for 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the lemon juice and season.
- Serve at room temperature.