I haven't made this, but the ingredients sound fantastic. Serve with warm, crusty bread. Prep time does not include salting time of 30 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut eggplant into 1/2 inch slices, sprinkle liberally with salt and let drain in a colander for 30 minutes.
- 2Rinse well, squeeze gently and pat dry.
- 3Heat about 1/4 inch of oil in a large frying pan and fry the slices in batches over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- 4Drain on paper towels, then chop finely. Put in a colander until most of the oil has drained off, then transfer to a bowl and add the paprika, cumin and sugar.
- 5Wipe out the frying pan then add the eggplant mixture and stir constantly over medium heat for 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the lemon juice and season.
- 6Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Algerian Eggplant Jam (Savory)
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 43.0
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 1.7 g