Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted for the Zaar World Tour. A yummy salad!
Make and share this Algerian Cucumber Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons sweet onions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 5 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- Toss the cucumber in a salad bowl with the red pepper, onions, olives, mint, and parsley.
- Add the cilantro, paprika, olive oil, and vinegar, season with salt and pepper, toss again, and serve. Enjoy!
This was a very tasty salad. I really enjoyed the smoothness of the dressing and the colorfulness.
Really nice salad and very colorful. I omitted the mint as I don't care for it. I added an extra cucumber, more onion, and cut the red pepper into strips. I found there was plenty of dressing for the additions. Thank you Sharon!
Very tasty salad. I used orange bell pepper (cut into thin strips), green onion (what I had on hand), and no cilantro (added a little extra parsley in its place). Thanks for sharing!