1/1 Photo of Algerian Chicken Stew
This recipe is from "Extending the Table" and is meant to be eaten with couscous. If you prefer, substitute goat or lamb for the chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 709.77 ml chicken broth
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 473.18 ml cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 473.18 ml fresh green beans, cut
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 2 bay leaves (optional)
- 2.46 ml dried parsley (optional)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, sliced (or 1 medium)
- 453.59 g can garbanzo beans, drained (also known as chick-peas)
- 1.23 ml ground red pepper (to taste)
- 1In a large saucepan combine broth, bouillon, chopped chicken, onion, green beans, carrots, cumin, basil, garlic, bay leaves, parsley, salt and pepper.
- 2Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and cook about 8 minutes.
- 3Add tomatoes and zucchini and cook briefly.
- 4Add garbanzo beans and red pepper.
- 5Cover and cook until heated through.
- 6Serve over steaming bowls of couscous.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Algerian Chicken Stew
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.8
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 35.0 mg
- Sodium 816.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 19.9 g