Recipe by luvinlif2k
This recipe is from "Extending the Table" and is meant to be eaten with couscous. If you prefer, substitute goat or lamb for the chicken.
Top Review by Mazikeen
This turned out delicious. The spices are recognizable, but not overpowering, the soft texture of the couscous contrasted by the crispier chickpeas and the zucchini, the chicken moist and flavourful.
- 709.77 ml chicken broth
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 473.18 ml cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 473.18 ml fresh green beans, cut
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 2 bay leaves (optional)
- 2.46 ml dried parsley (optional)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, sliced (or 1 medium)
- 453.59 g can garbanzo beans, drained (also known as chick-peas)
- 1.23 ml ground red pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan combine broth, bouillon, chopped chicken, onion, green beans, carrots, cumin, basil, garlic, bay leaves, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and cook about 8 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and zucchini and cook briefly.
- Add garbanzo beans and red pepper.
- Cover and cook until heated through.
- Serve over steaming bowls of couscous.