Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
The 'Thousand Holes' pancake with yeast.
Make and share this Algerian Beghrir Pancake recipe from Food.com.
- Combine all dry ingredients with the eggs.
- Add the water and the milk a little at a time until you achieve a thick but runny consistency.
- Heat a little oil in the frying pan then add just under a ladleful of batter and immediately start swirling it round the pan to get a nice even layer. Leave some space near the rim so it can come out easier.
- Watch the holes as they appear and leave it on the heat until the top dries out.
- Traditional beghrir is quite thick and you only cook one side. However I do like them a bit thinner. That also means you are able to turn them and lightly cook the other side. It should not take more than a minute.
- Serve it with honey, jam or nutella.