Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
From the September 2008 Relish magazine.
Make and share this Algeo Family Applesauce Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine shortening, brown sugar, and egg. Stir well.
- Stir in applesauce.
- Combine dry ingredients, add to shortening mixture, and stir well.
- Fold in raisins and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoons onto a greased baking sheet.
- To prepare topping, combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl and sprinkle on cookies.
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes.
- While cookies are still warm, press down slightly to create a crinkly appearance.