Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
My husband, his father, his brothers and nephews went fishing on a charter in the Northern Territory. This was the recipe of the cook on board for Thai fishcakes. They all came home raving about this. Not all ingredients had measures so I have approximated. This is Alfredo's recipe - Alfredo was a native of Papua New Guinea. Time does not include 1/2 hour chilling time.
- 250 g long beans, sliced 1/2 cm pieces
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 red chilies, deseeded and diced
- 3 egg whites, whipped
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and diced
- 500 g barramundi fillets, minced
- salt and pepper, a very good sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste (or more to taste optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend all ingredients excluding egg whites and seasonings/herbs in a blender - but not to fine.
- Add coriander, lots of salt and pepper and the red curry paste. Mix through.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Dip hands into a bowl of water and roll out mixture in palms and flatten into desired thickness/size.
- Leave in fridge for 1/2 hour.
- Fry, grill on bbq or ovenbake at 180 Degrees C for no more than 15 minutes.