Chef Menel's Note:
This is my own recipe for alfredo sauce. I have caught more than one person eating it with a spoon! I prefer angel hair pasta as it seems to trap the sauce better than most other pastas. This stuff is really rich and absolutely sinful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package chicken breast tenders
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup butter (I use 2 sticks sweet cream butter)
- 4 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces grated romano cheese
- 4 ounces shredded parmesan cheese (fresh, for body)
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 1Boil angel hair pasta until al dente and set aside, keeping warm.
- 2Boil chicken tenders until done and dice after cooled.
- 3In large saucepan melt 1 1/2 sticks butter (or 3/4 cup, if you are not using sticks), reserving other 1/2 stick (or 1/4 cup)for thickening.
- 4Add heavy cream and all cheeses to saucepan stirring constanty over medium heat.
- 5In a microwavable dish, melt remaining butter. Add 3-4 tbs. flour being sure to smooth out any lumps.
- 6Add butter and flour mixture to saucepan and stir until sauce thickens just a bit.
- 7Salt the sauce to taste.
- 8Stir diced chicken into sauce and serve over the angel hair pasta.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alfredo With Angel Hair Pasta and Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1313.8
- Calories from Fat 941
- Total Fat 104.5 g
- Saturated Fat 64.5 g
- Cholesterol 386.0 mg
- Sodium 1022.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 46.1 g