Recipe by Chef Menel
This is my own recipe for alfredo sauce. I have caught more than one person eating it with a spoon! I prefer angel hair pasta as it seems to trap the sauce better than most other pastas. This stuff is really rich and absolutely sinful!
Top Tweak by Chef Menel
You can saute the diced chicken in a bit of butter instead of boiling. Then remove chicken and finish off the sauce in the same pan. The whole dish should only take 30 minutes from start to finish, as you can make the sauce while pasta is cooking.
- 1 (16 ounce) package chicken breast tenders
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup butter (I use 2 sticks sweet cream butter)
- 4 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces grated romano cheese
- 4 ounces shredded parmesan cheese (fresh, for body)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) package angel hair pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil angel hair pasta until al dente and set aside, keeping warm.
- Boil chicken tenders until done and dice after cooled.
- In large saucepan melt 1 1/2 sticks butter (or 3/4 cup, if you are not using sticks), reserving other 1/2 stick (or 1/4 cup)for thickening.
- Add heavy cream and all cheeses to saucepan stirring constanty over medium heat.
- In a microwavable dish, melt remaining butter. Add 3-4 tbs. flour being sure to smooth out any lumps.
- Add butter and flour mixture to saucepan and stir until sauce thickens just a bit.
- Salt the sauce to taste.
- Stir diced chicken into sauce and serve over the angel hair pasta.