Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my own recipe for alfredo sauce. I have caught more than one person eating it with a spoon! I prefer angel hair pasta as it seems to trap the sauce better than most other pastas. This stuff is really rich and absolutely sinful!
- 1 (16 ounce) package chicken breast tenders
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup butter (I use 2 sticks sweet cream butter)
- 4 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces grated romano cheese
- 4 ounces shredded parmesan cheese (fresh, for body)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- Boil angel hair pasta until al dente and set aside, keeping warm.
- Boil chicken tenders until done and dice after cooled.
- In large saucepan melt 1 1/2 sticks butter (or 3/4 cup, if you are not using sticks), reserving other 1/2 stick (or 1/4 cup)for thickening.
- Add heavy cream and all cheeses to saucepan stirring constanty over medium heat.
- In a microwavable dish, melt remaining butter. Add 3-4 tbs. flour being sure to smooth out any lumps.
- Add butter and flour mixture to saucepan and stir until sauce thickens just a bit.
- Salt the sauce to taste.
- Stir diced chicken into sauce and serve over the angel hair pasta.