Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my own recipe for alfredo sauce. I have caught more than one person eating it with a spoon! I prefer angel hair pasta as it seems to trap the sauce better than most other pastas. This stuff is really rich and absolutely sinful!
- 1 (16 ounce) package chicken breast tenders
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup butter (I use 2 sticks sweet cream butter)
- 4 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces grated romano cheese
- 4 ounces shredded parmesan cheese (fresh, for body)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- Boil angel hair pasta until al dente and set aside, keeping warm.
- Boil chicken tenders until done and dice after cooled.
- In large saucepan melt 1 1/2 sticks butter (or 3/4 cup, if you are not using sticks), reserving other 1/2 stick (or 1/4 cup)for thickening.
- Add heavy cream and all cheeses to saucepan stirring constanty over medium heat.
- In a microwavable dish, melt remaining butter. Add 3-4 tbs. flour being sure to smooth out any lumps.
- Add butter and flour mixture to saucepan and stir until sauce thickens just a bit.
- Salt the sauce to taste.
- Stir diced chicken into sauce and serve over the angel hair pasta.
I was never an alfredo fan until I prepared this dish for my wife and myself. The only change I made was I added 1 tablespoon of garlic powder and an 8oz. package of mozz.cheese to sauce. This is now one of my favorite dishes. Left overs were also great! This recipe is now in my personal recipe box on top of the pile.