Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I made this recipe up using simple ingredients you can buy from the store. Everyone who tries it, loves it.
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 14.79-29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 package alfredo sauce (I like Knorr) or 1 carton of prepared alfredo sauce
- 1 package of fresh cheese tortellini or 354.88 ml of dry cheese tortellini (can also use cheese ravioli)
- fresh grated pepper
- fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat a 325 degree oven.
- If using dry tortellini, boil water and add tortellini, cook as directed and drain (have tortellini cooking when you start the chicken).
- (If using fresh tortellini, set package aside until last couple of steps.) In a large oven safe skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Press garlic through garlic press and saute in olive oil until slightly browned.
- Add diced chicken breasts and saute until juices run clear.
- If using package of Alfredo sauce, mix ingredients for sauce and cook as directed (do while chicken is cooking).
- (If using fresh Alfredo sauce, set aside until last couple of steps.) Add tortellini, alfredo sauce and fresh grated pepper to chicken.
- Mix well.
- Grate parmesan cheese on top of mixture and put in oven until cheese starts to melt.
I used sun-dried tomatoes for this and it tasted great--will use this recipe again and again.
I used dry mini spinach/cheese ravioli in place of the tortellini, and sprinkled mozzarella on top when I discovered that I was out of parmesan. I also used chicken that was pre-cooked and frozen, but my alfredo sauce mix was a "garlic alfredo" so I think that evened things out as far as the garlic goes. ;) Even with my substitutions, this came out great. I was afraid it wouldn't be enough sauce, but it was just right. I served it with applesauce and steamed broccoli. I'll definitely repeat this dinner- thanks for sharing the recipe!
Easy and delicious... thats a good combo. The family loved it! I did add some mushrooms and a little italian seasoning for my personal tastes.