Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious and quick pasta dish for any occasion
Make and share this Alfredo Style Chicken With Mushrooms and Leeks recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1/2-inch strips
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, total
- 1 leek, sliced in 1/2-inch rings, rinsed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄2 lb button mushroom
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 295 g campbells condensed mushroom soup
- 1 lemon, juice of, no seeds
- 1⁄4 lb grated mature cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese (preferably, Parmigiano-Reggiano)
- Brown chicken in skillet over high heat for around 5 mins - when almost done remove to a hot plate.
- Sauté leeks and onion over medium heat in olive oil in the same pan you sautéed the chicken breasts in until they are softened.
- Add the mushrooms and toss with the leeks. Then add the garlic and seasonings and cook until the mushrooms are soft, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the wine and bring to the boil to allow the alcohol to burn off.
- Add concentrated mushroom soup and lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for about 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Take off heat and add the chicken and cheddar cheese - simmer for 3 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite pasta.