Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious and quick pasta dish for any occasion
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1/2-inch strips
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, total
- 1 leek, sliced in 1/2-inch rings, rinsed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄2 lb button mushroom
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 295 g campbells condensed mushroom soup
- 1 lemon, juice of, no seeds
- 1⁄4 lb grated mature cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese (preferably, Parmigiano-Reggiano)
- Brown chicken in skillet over high heat for around 5 mins - when almost done remove to a hot plate.
- Sauté leeks and onion over medium heat in olive oil in the same pan you sautéed the chicken breasts in until they are softened.
- Add the mushrooms and toss with the leeks. Then add the garlic and seasonings and cook until the mushrooms are soft, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the wine and bring to the boil to allow the alcohol to burn off.
- Add concentrated mushroom soup and lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for about 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Take off heat and add the chicken and cheddar cheese - simmer for 3 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite pasta.