Recipe by MNLisaB
This is my version of Ruby Tuesday's New Orleans Tilapia. Tilapia fillets are baked then topped with alfredo sauce, sauteed red peppers and garlic cooked shrimp. I'm not very good at copycatting recipes, but we had this last night and it was mighty fine.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs tilapia fillets
- 1 cup alfredo sauce
- 3⁄4 lb shrimp, cleaned,shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 1 sweet red pepper, sliced very thin into slivers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons grated romano cheese or 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- Wash and dry tilapia filets, spread with olive oil and creole seasoning, to your taste.
- Place in well oiled baking pan, bake for 8-10 minutes, until just white.
- While fish is baking, saute slivers of red pepper in 1 tbs butter,until cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Warm alfredo in a small saucepan.
- In a frypan, melt 3 tbs butter, add minced garlic and cleaned, prepared shrimp, saute for about 5 minutes.
- When fish is ready, remove from pan from oven.
- Carefully remove fillets, 4 per plate.
- Place one quarter of the red pepper slivers and one quarter of the cooked shrimp on top of fillets.
- Top with 1/4 cup of alfredo, sprinkle of grated cheese and a dusting of more creole seasoning.
- If you like, you can put this under the broiler for about a minute.