1/5 Photos of Alfredo Shrimp Tilapia
This is my version of Ruby Tuesday's New Orleans Tilapia. Tilapia fillets are baked then topped with alfredo sauce, sauteed red peppers and garlic cooked shrimp. I'm not very good at copycatting recipes, but we had this last night and it was mighty fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs tilapia fillets
- 1 cup alfredo sauce
- 3/4 lb shrimp, cleaned,shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 1 sweet red pepper, sliced very thin into slivers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons grated romano cheese or 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, for topping
- 1Preheat oven to 425*.
- 2Wash and dry tilapia filets, spread with olive oil and creole seasoning, to your taste.
- 3Place in well oiled baking pan, bake for 8-10 minutes, until just white.
- 4While fish is baking, saute slivers of red pepper in 1 tbs butter,until cooked, about 5 minutes.
- 5Warm alfredo in a small saucepan.
- 6In a frypan, melt 3 tbs butter, add minced garlic and cleaned, prepared shrimp, saute for about 5 minutes.
- 7When fish is ready, remove from pan from oven.
- 8Carefully remove fillets, 4 per plate.
- 9Place one quarter of the red pepper slivers and one quarter of the cooked shrimp on top of fillets.
- 10Top with 1/4 cup of alfredo, sprinkle of grated cheese and a dusting of more creole seasoning.
- 11If you like, you can put this under the broiler for about a minute.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alfredo Shrimp Tilapia
Serving Size: 1 (578 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 551.0
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 283.7 mg
- Sodium 779.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 70.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: