Top Review by Culinary Creationist
Like everyone else said, this was so super easy it's insane! And it tastes just fabulous. I think I'm going to say goodbye to any more storebought ;-) Why not, when this is just as easy, tastes even better, and doesn't have all those nasty preservatives in it?
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- to taste noodles or to taste fettuccine, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles or fettuccine according to package directions.
- Heat butter and cream in saucepan until butter is melted.
- Remove from heat. Add 1 cup Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; stir until sauce is blended and fairly smooth.
- Add to drained noodles and toss until they are well coated.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Variation: Add cooked shrimp, crab or mushrooms.