Chef #934923's Note:
This is a great alternative to Olive Garden's alfredo sauce. Since conjuring this recipe, my boyfriend and I have sat out the Italian restaurants and just had our own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute the mushrooms with enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the skillet.
- 2Once the mushrooms are sauteed, set aside.
- 3In a 4-quart saucepan, melt the butter on medium-low to medium heat.
- 4After butter is melted, pour the cream (or half-half) and stir.
- 5Add the cooking wine, the cornstarch, and the cheeses. Continue to stir.
- 6While stirring the sauce, add the Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Let sauce cook for 5-10 minutes.
- 7When sauce is almost ready, add the sauteed mushrooms.
- 8Reduce heat to low/simmer for a couple of minutes. Make sure to stir so there is no sticking.
- 9After stirring, enjoy!
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alfredo Sauce With Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 785.9
- Calories from Fat 594
- Total Fat 66.0 g
- Saturated Fat 39.3 g
- Cholesterol 191.8 mg
- Sodium 263.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Kraft parmesan romano asiago cheese blend