Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great alternative to Olive Garden's alfredo sauce. Since conjuring this recipe, my boyfriend and I have sat out the Italian restaurants and just had our own.
- Saute the mushrooms with enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the skillet.
- Once the mushrooms are sauteed, set aside.
- In a 4-quart saucepan, melt the butter on medium-low to medium heat.
- After butter is melted, pour the cream (or half-half) and stir.
- Add the cooking wine, the cornstarch, and the cheeses. Continue to stir.
- While stirring the sauce, add the Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Let sauce cook for 5-10 minutes.
- When sauce is almost ready, add the sauteed mushrooms.
- Reduce heat to low/simmer for a couple of minutes. Make sure to stir so there is no sticking.
- After stirring, enjoy!