Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I was looking throught my freezer and cabinets and came across some Italian Sausage and jarred Alfredo sauce. And since I didn't want the usual Italian sausage with red sauce,and wasn't in the mood for regular alfredo. This is what came out of the dark corners of my brain :)Please feel free to use red,green or yellow peppers. Or if feeling really creative try all three.;).I used Angel Hair pasta, but you can use your favorite type of pasta. Submitted to "ZAAR" on July 18th,2008.
Top Review by AmyMCGS
Very good. I used half a frozen bag of tricolored pepper and onions, and mixed the sauce into some macaroni. We sprinkled a little shredded mozzarella on top of each serving. Very good & very easy- just what I needed on a busy night! :)
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed
- 3⁄4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine first three ingredients.
- Cook until sausage is browned and peppers and onions are tender.
- Drain and return to pan.
- Add alfredo sauce and turn heat to low.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.